Saturday, September 20, 2008

Revised Animatic: 9/17

I revised the previous animatic because it was too rough. I redrew all the images and added more sequences so the actions would be more clear. 
When I presented it class, I realized that the ending was still unclear and people were not able to understand the relationship between the raindance and the rain falling to put out the fire. Also the father's character looks too similar to the son so I have to make more of a distinction. Therfore I will first need to redesign the father's character.

I will also need to simplify the story as it needs to be understandable by my audience, Indian children between the ages of 8-12 yrs.

These were some possible changes that the class suggested to me that I might help clarify the story and simplify it:

- It needs to be clear that the rain falls when the father does his rain dance, so I will get rid of the thought bubble which shows him putting out the fire in the initial scenes.

- The ending will probably make more sense and be more enjoyable if the father's rhythm changes when the boy plays the drum and then it rains heavily. This would be good for animation because I can make his movements look really funny and make it all about the animation.

I will use these suggestions and integrate them in my original story as it was much clearer and the kids liked it. 

No comments: